 CAD / Development / *3990 (-10)
  Re: The updated PARTS.LST online?

(...) An updated parts.lst is included in every parts update. Steve (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Datsville on ldraw.org? (Was: Re: OMR Planning - Almost There)

The suggestion has come up to host Datsville on ldraw.org. I understand it is comfortable on Lugnet, but I'm willing to entertain the idea if the rest of you (namely John) are. Please look over the following discussion and reply accordingly. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: OMR Planning - Almost There

(...) Yep. (...) Ok, I wasn't thinking that one. What about something silly like OMR Model Author ID numbers? A model author can register first and if they're a LUGNET member they put their LUGNET member number and password in, and it brings up all (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: The updated PARTS.LST online?

(...) Sounds like a good idea. Would /download/updates/ be appropriate for this? And does anyone have a non-butchered current parts.lst (unlike mine) they'd send for this? I'll get it up at least by Thursday, when I update the MOTM voting. -Tim (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  The updated PARTS.LST online?

I think it would be a good idea to make the updated PARTS.LST file be available online as new releases are made. I know that the PARTS.LST file should be remade on the local system as the new parts are installed, but I still think it would be nice (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: hex values (was: Re: Loader)

This seems to be a bug, I will look at it, beside this I will take over the strategy suggested by Bram with using COLOR meta commands ... Michael Will Hess wrote in message ... (...) in (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hex values (was: Re: Loader)

Michael, I can understand the need to use hex to define custom (non-TLC produced) colors, and I'm sure that you'll find a way to fix this. What I'd like to know is why the transparent versions of the standard colors are now saved in this manner. Now (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Loader)

(...) I suggest defining the custom colors the way LDLite does, ie: 0 COLOR ... That way, you can still use the color numbers in the .dat lines so that the file will still work in LDraw and LEdit, except that the colors will be off. --Bram Bram (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: OMR Planning - Almost There

(...) Maybe that's where the model editors would come in. But it's a headache nonetheless. (...) I was thinking along the lines of people impersonating others. But there are probably other rules too... (...) I was thinking that if you want ldraw.org (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) Could you avoid writing out the file as a ".DAT" file extension if you are making extensions to the long established LDraw DAT file format? This would clear up confusion right away and avoid further incompatibility issues if other LDraw-clone (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact