 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 455
Re: Missing primitives after part update.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:51:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, William Black wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Travis Cobbs wrote:
If nothing else works, download LDView, tell it you don't have the LDraw parts
library installed when it asks, then point it to the parent directory of where
you want the LDraw directory to be.  Rename your existing LDraw directory so
that LDView won't find it.  It will then download the full official library.  If
you then open up a model that contains unofficial parts, it will automatically
download all the unofficial parts to the LDraw\Unofficial directory.  LDView can
be downloaded from here:

http://ldview.sourceforge.net/Downloads.html

--Travis

Thanks Travis. I tried your first suggestion with no success. As for your
second, I already have LDView. It seems like several people have had the same
problem. What about uninstalling the whole LDraw package and then reinstalling?
How do I go about doing that and getting all the parts, official and unofficial
to download? I think I need an LDraw tutor. :-)

It sounds like maybe the LDraw directory you have selected in MLCad isn't your
real LDraw directory.  Go into MLCad and check where it thinks the LDraw
directory is (Settings->General->Change...->LDraw base path).  If that differs
from where you meant it to be, change it, then delete the other LDraw directory
to try to avoid confusion.

As for reinstalling, my personal suggestion would be to just delete your
existing LDraw directory and then let LDView download and install a new one for
you.

--Travis

My base path is C:\LDraw. I don't know what else it would be. As for your
suggestion, how would I go about that? Thank you so much for your patience
-Bill.