 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 449
Re: Missing primitives after part update.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 01:36:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Martin Srb wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, William Black wrote:
Well, I finished the model I was working on and tried your suggestion. After
completing the manual download instructions I tried to download a part that I
tried unsuccessfully to download a while back. Unfortunately I still have the
same problem. Any other suggestions? It's really been hit or miss. Some parts
download fine while others don't, and I always make sure to download the
required subfiles.

Not long ago, I had the same problem. Try this:
- Make sure that the downloaded subfiles are in the correct directories: some
subparts belong to "\PARTS", while other subparts belong to "\PARTS\S" and so
on.
- After each download, run "Scan Parts" in MLCAD.
- Sometimes the "Scan Parts" command must be run multiple times again. (I
experienced that when I downloaded larger amounts of part files at once.)

Martin

I'm not exactly sure how to make sure the parts are in the correct directories.
As for the "Scan Parts" command I have run that multiple times.What happens is
that MLCAD will say a file can not be found but when I search the file is indeed
in the models directory where I place all the new parts I download as per their
recommendations. This is becoming very frustrating.