 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5749
Re: Anyone working on monorail tracks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:25:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Darrell Urbien wrote:
Do you have a scanner? If you do, you could scan it and send me the digital file
- that would actually be better than an oblique photograph. I can then import
the image file into AutoCAD and measure it from there.. I'm assuming the parts
are flat on the sides and not compound curved - if they're helical all bets are
off, LOL. A full-scale xerox copy might work too, but eventually it needs to
become a digital image..

What an excellent idea! It has completely flat sides, so no problems there.
What sort of resolution do you want? (I think I can go up to 1200x1200 dpi
without crashing the computer)

Regarding the underside structure, the sides are completely vertical, so I think
it should be fairly easy to convert them from the flat version (you can just
"lift" one end a bit till the subpart generally fits the curve).

The sections ought to be short enough for that trick, but I haven't checked it
out.

But it would probably still be a good idea if someone can take a picture of the
underside, there's some complex modifications around the attachment points for
the pillars/stanchions.

Cheers NB