 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5745
Re: Anyone working on monorail tracks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:40:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Darrell Urbien wrote:
   Can’t get to peeron right now (is it down?). If you can send me a jpg of the parts I can tell you if my students could make them for you.

Darrell

Ahh, it’s up for me now. From the pics the parts don’t look too hard; I have no idea what the real parts look like so I don’t know what’s underneath.. Perhaps that’s not important for your application though?

What I would need is a detailed sketch with dimensions (remember my students are NOT AFOL so they have no idea how the part is used). If you can sketch it we can model it (probably in AutoCAD, maybe in 3DS or SolidWorks). Then I can translate it using 3DWin into a .DAT part for use in MLCAD. Part will be very messy (i.e. no primitives; cond. lines might not be up to snuff; lots of faces) but it’ll be better than nothing! LMK if you want us to help out - we’d need the sketch in order to get started, then we could fine tune the results as needed.

Darrell