 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5560
  New game: Orphan part of the week

dear authors, I thought al lot about hold voted parts an orphans over the last couple of weeks. getting a hold vote at the PT to me is almost a slap in the face therefore I try to fix my parts as soon as I can. at the same time I'm also aware that (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) That's just too funny of a vision not to snicker at. Thanks. (although the Pepsi in my nose isn't going to leave a mark, is it?) (...) I would... although it might be worth dropping a note to the last known addy for John Van Z, after that, if (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) If we have not done so already, I would say we make a 'ophaned parts clause' and display it on the parts tracker pages. I would say if there has been no author or last change author changes or notes for some period of time, the part would be (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) Yes, I think that sounds like a good idea. The Contributor Agreement we are putting in place addresses taking over orphans inasmuch as authors agree that LDraw.org has: " - The right to create derivative works of the Work" That covers it I (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) I think the method we currently use is good: Make all reasonable efforts to contact the author. If the author doesn't reply after a reasonable period of time (3-4 months is good) then make the fixes needed. Also, many held parts are known to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) Making posts like this is a good idea. More communication. :) (...) Definitely don't just update somebody's part without saying something. Emails only take a moment to send. (...) 3-4 months is a long time to wait for a reply to an email. How (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote: at RANDOM I've chosen: (...) Sure is a pretty part though, isn't it :-) The last thing I would want to do is keep such a beautiful, high-quality part from reaching its full potential and graduating to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New game: Orphan part of the week

(...) Yes, yes it is. :) (...) Good to know. Maybe I should start a "free to a good home" list of links on the l.c.d.parts sidebar... (...) Heh. I thought about that, too. Give each piece a vector (speed and direction) based on the centerpoint of (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)