 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 488
Re: Part number for crystal in Rock Raider sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:53:06 GMT

[x-post and f-up to lugnet.cad.dev]

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Paul Easter wrote:

FYI, if no visible part number can be found on the part, and if the numbers
group can't find a correct TLC number, then the part gets assigned a number
<1000.
Who is it that will assign the number?

The parts-release administrator.  Who will be me, but isn't me yet.  Terry
Keller has been wrangling the parts-updates for two years now (he's done a
*great* job! Thanks, Terry!).  After the next update, Terry's going to let me
take it on, for at least awhile.

The parts-release administrator works with the part-author and the part numbers
group to make the part number assignment.  In cases where no official number is
known, the administrator has to take into account which 3-digit numbers are
available, what numbers were used previously, numbers used by existing similar
parts, ranges of three-digit numbers reserved for various part-authors, and
whatever other factors come into play.

The number for a part should not be considered completely settled until the part

is released in an update.

Steve "what did I sign up for" Bliss