 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4641
4640  |  4642
Subject:
New Parts Category? Sport?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 13:55:07 GMT

Hi all,

While perusing the parts library last night, I noticed that none of the
pieces specific to LEGO Sports (Basketball and Soccer/Football) have been
modeled yet.  I may start a few of them soon, but would like to know if we
should agree on a naming convention ahead of time to avoid misplacements.

Pieces that fall into this group are:
Balls (Soccer balls and basketballs)
Minifig holders (at least 3 pieces, plus one complete assembly)
8x8 Bricks with Pin holes for the minifig holders (I think there are at
least 3 of these)
Goalie gloves
Basketball hoop
Basketball net

I can only think of two categories appropriate:
Sport  and  Minifig Sport

I prefer Sport, as it keeps it out of the way for most people, since I don't
see these to be wildly popular pieces for modeling (unless someone is
extremely intent on doing a stadium).

Any opinions?

John