 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4640
Re: minifig arm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 03:52:21 GMT

Damien Guichard wrote:
981.dat and 982.dat are the newer ones in the book, they appear when
975.dat and 976.dat are the obsolete ones that appear when loading a
file created before MLCad v3.0

Thanks. It is, indeed, the new ones I have. They don't fit flush at the
shoulders and they overlap the body near the elbow, but this may be fixable
with a rotation. I'll see how the minifig generator assembles them after I've
finished this book.

The book uses the old arms. One glaring difference I noticed after I posted is
that the ones in the book don't have a plug at the shoulder. I also noticed
that the hands have changed. It's unfortunate that the difference between new
and old is rotation at the wrist and that the old hands are illustrated while
describing rotation. It's not possible to reproduce the picture in the book,
but even I could figure this one out :-)

BTW, this book is really handy. Quite a good quick-start. I may post a review
when I'm done, and I look forward to the Virtual LEGO book release.

Thanks,
Amy