 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4199
Re: Segmented parts (ie hoses and flex tubes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:26:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Don Heyse wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

I think it would be reasonable to consider segments as primitives.
Move them to the P folder. Then they will not be shrunk.
End pieces are still considered as parts.

These files don't work as primitives.  A primitive file should be either
a geometric construction (like an arc, disc, cylinder, etc) or a
lego-centric feature that is likely to be reused among a large number of
different files (like studs, clips, axle holes).

Can the hose segments go in the S folder with the flex-axle subparts?
Would that solve the shrinkage problem?

Actually, by the guidelines for parts I posted, the flex-axle subparts
should be in the parts directory.

Moving the hose segments to parts/s/ would prevent the shrinkage
problem, but I think there are better solutions.

Steve