 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4183
Re: Segmented parts (ie hoses and flex tubes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:43:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Lars C. Hassing writes:
PS. L3P currently does not recognize "0 Unofficial Part", only files from the PARTS folder
are considered parts. But I'm likely to change that!
(i.e. currently a part like the first one mentioned above will not be shrunk at all)

Actually, the part mentioned was in the Parts directory (it is an official
part), so it would presumably be shrunk by L3P.

As for the rest, I agree that making them primitives makes sense, but I'm
not sure the part authors will agree.  I guess we'll have to see how they
respond.

Incidentally, now that LDView pays attention to comments, a simple change of
directories won't help me, since it honors the file type comment above the
directory the file is in.  On the other hand, if the two end pieces and the
curve segments are all referenced from one file which itself is given a file
type comment indicating it is a part, LDView should happily do the shrinkage
of the whole union as you described, since I don't allow parts to be
children of other parts.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)