 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3560
Re: Female Ldraw Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:39:01 GMT

John Henry Kruer wrote:
I know, I know... but the file I download is not an LDraw part.  Under
properties its listed as just 'file' under file trpe.  Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what it's like when downloading only one DAT file from Lugnet,
but perhaps because there were some other non-code lines in the code area,
the server didn't  do what is normally done. I don't know.

BUT, I do know that when you're in the Save As dialog box you can just type
in the extension. In this case it would be .dat. So the first part you save
as 971f.dat and the second as 972.dat.

It doesn't even matter what extension an ldraw file has. As someone wrote in
the past on Lugnet, you can name a file whatever.foo and you can open it in
any LDraw program.

Also, how do you modify subparts?

I'm not sure how much info you're looking for, but for starters...
Open the file you want in your favorite editor (MLCad for me :) ) and you
will see all the lines of code for the quads and triangles and lines and
stuff. You can add, subtract, or modify the properties of any entity. A
scientific calculator is a must for any detailed (as these were)
modifications. I used Paul Easter's "lcad calc":
http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lcad_util.htm#calculator

Cheers,
--Ryan