 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3534
Re: printed brick variants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:37:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Clark Stephens writes:
Tony,
Answers below.

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tony Hafner writes:
And does anyone know of a comprehensive gallery of printed torsos & heads?
I keep a minifig, torso & head visual helper page hooked to the Bricklink
catalog. It is nowhere near comprehensive, but it is more complete than most
I've seen.
http://home.att.net/~clarkcorner/VisualMiniHelper.html
Any variations not there can be submitted to the Blink catalog (or sent to
me & I'll submit them.)

Clark
That's excellent work - looks like a catalog of my LDraw work to date, with
plenty to keep me occupied in the future :-)
Hope you don't mind a few comments to improve the completeness and accuracy.

The category labels - p10, p20 would would more accurate represented like
p1x, p2x, etc. We have agreed to allow alphanumeric "P" numbers, (mainly)
categorised on the first character - so p4a should live with p49. Might be
worth adding a link to http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/patterns/

973p11 - can also be used for the red (colour 4) and black (colour 0)
versions, just render the part in those colours - the torso is hard-coded white.
973p15 - can also be used for the red (colour 4) version, just render the
part in that colour - the torso is hard-coded white. Is also duplicated in
the photo section as 973px61 and 973px62
973p17 - I'm not aware of this printed on white, I think the part should be
rendered in black (colour 0).
973p22 - I'm not aware of this printed on blue, I think the part should be
rendered in black (colour 0)
973p26
973p4a - please move to the p4x group - this is a castle torso. Can also be
used for the green (colour 2) - the torso is hard-coded white. Is also
duplicated in the photo section as 973px49 and 973px50.
973p35 and 973p37 - both can also be used for the blue versions - just
render in colour 1.
973p38 - since update 2001-02 exists as a DAT file
973p40 - also exists in red and black.
973p41 - also exists in red.
973p46 - also exists in grey and blue.
973p63 - also exists in red.
973p65 - can also be used for the red, blue and black versions, just render
the part in those colours.
973p90 - also exists in red, yellow, blue and black.

Chris