 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3239
Re: x191 & x192 part in the Parts tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:35:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, ludo soete wrote:

A question for the top & bottom part:
Must the top & bottom part be 100 percent accurate?

No, they don't have to be completely accurate.  More accuracy is better, though.

I mean the sides that aren't visible when using it as an assembled piece?

Right.

I have alreddy 2 parts, but they need some more work if they need to be 100
percent accurate (see a picture from those parts at:
http://www.geocities.com/ludo_soete/ldraw_parts.htm

IF people would like to use this part i think they will all use the
assembled piece (shortcut)

Right, exactly.  Nearly 100% of the usage will be the shortcut file.  But LEGO
identifies the top and bottom as two separate items, so we should do the same.

The 2 separate parts have the following numbers on it:
top part = lego number 2912
bottom part = lego number 2913

OK, then the shortcut file should be 2913c01.dat

BTW: The top part concist of 2 pieces, the gray top part and a red piece (no
number on it) with holds the wire and both pieces are screwed together with
a small black screw.

I think (I'd have to check what we've done before) that it would be alright to
include the minor parts (the red piece, the conducting strip, the screw) in the
main part files.  Just be sure to mark the code for each minor part clearly.
Something like:

0 COMMENT Screw starts here...
(code for screw)
0 COMMENT End of screw