 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3232
Re: x191 & x192 part in the Parts tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 23:48:24 GMT

Hello Ludo,

I looked to the parts tracker review for my posted parts x191 & x192. • There
seems to be an overlay error, and the reviewer * Deckard * thinks that i
should remove the electric wire. I can do this verry easily, so this means
also that both pieces (x191 & x192) become the same piece, thus also
positive for the library (only one part instead of two). The difference
between both pieces is the lenght of the electric wire.

Now, if i remove the electric wire, then you'll can look through the piece
where the electric wire runs through.

Now my questions are:
1) Should i remove the electric wire?
2) Should i create a electric wire subpart?
3) If question 2 is positive, how long should this wire be?

I am/Was the reviewer. It is a very nice part. IMHO the wire should be
removed and made a subpart of it. This subpart should be very very short so
that you can use a tool like the Emacs Bendable thingie Creater to model the
bendable wire with it.

That is the problem with it at all.. its not a solid part but bendable so i
sink it shouldn't be in the part itself. Maybe you can create a shortcut
where you attach a straight part of the subpart wire.

Hope this explains my comment a little more...

Play well

Carsten