 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3233
Re: x191 & x192 part in the Parts tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 17:09:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Carsten Schmitz writes:
Hello Ludo,

I looked to the parts tracker review for my posted parts x191 & x192. • There
seems to be an overlay error, and the reviewer * Deckard * thinks that i
should remove the electric wire. I can do this verry easily, so this means
also that both pieces (x191 & x192) become the same piece, thus also
positive for the library (only one part instead of two). The difference
between both pieces is the lenght of the electric wire.

Now, if i remove the electric wire, then you'll can look through the piece
where the electric wire runs through.

Now my questions are:
1) Should i remove the electric wire?
2) Should i create a electric wire subpart?
3) If question 2 is positive, how long should this wire be?

I am/Was the reviewer. It is a very nice part. IMHO the wire should be
removed and made a subpart of it. This subpart should be very very short so
that you can use a tool like the Emacs Bendable thingie Creater to model the
bendable wire with it.

That is the problem with it at all.. its not a solid part but bendable so i
sink it shouldn't be in the part itself. Maybe you can create a shortcut
where you attach a straight part of the subpart wire.

Hope this explains my comment a little more...

Play well

Carsten

Hallo Carsten,

First of all, Best Wishes for the New Year, or should i say :
Prosit Neujahr ?

1) Thanks a lot for the info. I will remove the electric wire at the point
where it leaves the connector, so that you can't look through the part where
the electric wire resides. I will also remove the round 'copper wires' , so
i think that the 'overlay' error will be gone too.
2) I know there's a sub-part available for the electric wire, a part from
Manfred Moolhuysen, but i think it's created as the old electric wires,
namely with round isolation. The new wires have square isolation, and fit
perfect between the studs.

What do you think from this proposal?
Please let me know, before i re-post this part.

B.T.W. We have now 2 parts in the parts tracker, the X191 & X192. This means
that one part can be eliminated when i do this changes, isn't it?

Regards from Belgium,
Ludo