 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2616
Re: MiniBot Head Star Wars Battle Droid is complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 01:59:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Don Heyse writes:
This piece is so cool.  But some of the optional lines aren't quite
right.  A few appear when they shouldn't and some never seem to show
at all.  You can see this in l3glite.  Load the piece and zoom in so
it fills the window.  Then spin it around with the mouse.

Annoying isn't it?

You can do the same thing with l3lab.  Zoom in 1000% and turn off
linetypes 3 and 4.   Then hold the ctrl key and spin the piece with
the mouse.

This should probably be added to the mythical Rarts Authoring FAQ
under the heading "Checking optional lines". ;^)

Have fun,

Don

It didn't take very long (only a couple of hours) to put all of the lines on
it. Then I checked it in MLCAD and L3Lab (1200%), and I saw that a chunk of
lines that would not show where they should and a few lines that would not
disappear.  For the next 5 days (2 to 3 hours each day,)I worked on getting
them to show up in the right places. It works fairly well when you consider the
size it is going to be when people use this in a model.

If you were wondering how badly I screwed up the lines when I first put them
on the part; The strange thing was that I had done them all correctly...  It
seems this Head has a "mind of its own".

So I am not going to working on it anymore, it drove me nuts enough already
(unless I begin to like it...)

Nathan