 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2615
Re: MiniBot Head Star Wars Battle Droid is complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 13:47:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Nathan Wright writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Nathan Wright writes:
Actually, I don't use optional lines when creating a part.

Nathan

I think you should. These are the only way to ensure that curved surfaces have
a boundary when viewed at certain angles.

Chris

I now understand what optional lines are and how they work.  So here is
30378x.dat with optional lines.

Nathan

This piece is so cool.  But some of the optional lines aren't quite
right.  A few appear when they shouldn't and some never seem to show
at all.  You can see this in l3glite.  Load the piece and zoom in so
it fills the window.  Then spin it around with the mouse.

You can do the same thing with l3lab.  Zoom in 1000% and turn off
linetypes 3 and 4.   Then hold the ctrl key and spin the piece with
the mouse.

This should probably be added to the mythical Rarts Authoring FAQ
under the heading "Checking optional lines". ;^)

Have fun,

Don