 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2185
Re: Duplo parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 00:26:59 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

I made up a 2x2 Duplo trial last night. I used the same wall thickness as Lego
bricks (4 units) and everything seemed to fit correctly

That seems a bit thin for the walls.  I'll dig out some DUPLO bricks, and
look at them more closely.

Take a 3001 (Brick 4x2) and put a 3437 (Duplo Brick 2 x 2) on top. The 3001's studs end at 4 LDU from the edge, and The
Duplo brick fits perfectly well on top, and it ends where the 3001 ends. So the Duplo wall must be exactly 4 LDU.

Also note that the bottom center stud of the 3437 ends just above the top studs of the 3001. If it has continued all the
way down, you wouldn't be able to place a Duplo part on top of a standard Lego part.

Tore Eriksson
Sweden

ICQ: 76066510
LEGO: MOC++++ FS,SP,TO++ TC+ LS YB@m