 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1953
Re: possible rendering problem with LDLite and transparent parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:00:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I have encountered a small problem rendering transparent parts with LDLite
2.4 and I am wondering if anyone else has run into it.

consider the file flat.dat, attached

It has a trans yellow, trans cyan and trans white brick in it as the first
step (helpfully lableled Y C and W respectively)

Then it adds progressively more parts. Each part is farther away from the
place where the trans are, so that the clipped image will need to be larger.

Render it with this command

C:\shortprg\LDRAW\MODELS\MTW_1005_Combine_and_cars\test>..\..\..\ldlite\ldlite.exe
-W2 -MS -S3.0 -C15
-A0.707104,0,0.707104,0.276288,0.920505,-0.276288,-0.65089
5,0.390731,0.650895  -D1 -U02500,02500 -I-4 -K  flat.dat

(unwrap it)

As the size of the generated image (in terms of the area covered, or the
image dimensions, that is, not the filesize) the colors cycle through
correct, just the edge color with no dithered transparent color, and solid
color with no dithered transparency... weird weird.

Has anyone seen this behaviour? I suspect I'm overflowing a buffer somewhere...

Win 2K, .5G of memory, LDLite 2.4

I don't think it has anything to do with high parts counts or nested models
as this small file has neither, it has 7 parts and no nesting of mpds...

How are you viewing the resulting image files?  Have you looked at them
at full scale?  Your problem may be aliasing in the resampling of the
images when viewed at reduced scale, and not a problem in ldlite.  Check
with Jacob for tips on how to resample for the best results.

Don