 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1910 (-10)
  First Lego Classics poster ready (at last!)

Hi all, This weekend the first picture for a Lego Classic poster finished rendering. It took some time but the result is very nice. The models are build and the scene is composed by Jan Folkersma. The scene was rendered with LEGO logo on the studs (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Wrong parts listed on Peeron for Model #6390-1 Main Street?

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Karl Asha writes: <snip> (...) The corect way is to model the sticker separately and call it a sticker. The rule for modelling stickers are summed up in this thread: (URL) at the bottom and the follow on replies -Orion (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Wrong parts listed on Peeron for Model #6390-1 Main Street?

Ok, it turns out I wasn't imagining things. 3855.DAT, Glass window 1 x 4 x 3 is either modelled incorrectly or the part being used for the glass pains in the 6390 Main Street kit is listed incorrectly at peeron.com. If it's the same part being used (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Wrong parts listed on Peeron for Model #6390-1 Main Street?

(...) Try this link to see a (poor) scan of the blinds sticker on the glass. (URL) sticker was applied to the side opposite the hole..... which, looking again at it, is the backside of the scan. Hmmmmmmm. If this causes any problems just let me (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Wrong parts listed on Peeron for Model #6390-1 Main Street?

I guess the bump on the glass just wasn't showing up in my mlcad views. Once rendered, however, they were there. With regards to the sticker on the windows, do you happen to have a count of the exact # of lines (or even better, a pointer to a scan (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Wrong parts listed on Peeron for Model #6390-1 Main Street?

(...) Anyone with the actual set is welcome to confirm/deny my statements here. I have the Paramedic Unit set #6364 which is from the same year (or just before/after the Main Street set.) It uses 3 of the windows #3855, which Peeron lists correctly. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Wrong parts listed on Peeron for Model #6390-1 Main Street?

The peeron parts lists specifies that there are: 7 3855 Clear Glass for Window 1 x 4 x 3 (Ref) Looking at the model manual (I do not have the original model), it appears to me that there are two distinct window glasses here, neither of which match (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Datsville rev 016 - Submissions welcome!

Available at (URL) the rev014.zip as a backup in case I've made a mistake somewhere!) Just fixed some minor errors. Welcome to submit models! I want more vehicles, but all models are welcome. Gardeners, we have more plants in the LDraw library then (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Mosque, minifig scale

(...) Ah, yes, that is probably a simpler way! :-) (...) Hehe! My comment about Ldrville was actually meant as a joke. I think that "Datsville" is a better name, and it also honors the original author. Are you doing much work on Datsville now, BTW? (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Mosque, minifig scale

(...) Thanks, I may do that, or just a file with shortcut and a transformation matrix. /Tore (...) Like a wise man once said: It's funny you should ask, as I thought about the same myself. ;o) (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact