 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1905
Re: Wrong parts listed on Peeron for Model #6390-1 Main Street?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 03:41:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Karl Asha writes:
The peeron parts lists specifies that there are:

7   3855 Clear    Glass for Window 1 x 4 x 3 (Ref)

Looking at the model manual (I do not have the original model), it appears
to me that there are two distinct window glasses here, neither of which
match 3855.

The first is all clear and used on the building in progress. At the bottom
center it appears to have a slight bulging of plastic.

The second is the one used on the garage building, those glass pieces appear
to have blinds (white stripes running top to bottom) along with the bulge.
Unfortunately, again I do not have the original piece so I cannot count how
many.

Would appreciate if anyone out there could confirm these observations,
provide a scan of the pieces, or even just a count of how many white stripes
there are on the windows :)

Thanks much,
Karl Asha

Anyone with the actual set is welcome to confirm/deny my statements here.

I have the Paramedic Unit set #6364 which is from the same year (or just
before/after the Main Street set.) It uses 3 of the windows #3855, which
Peeron lists correctly. It also comes with a sheet of stickers which include
2 left to right oriented blinds stickers. Looking at the blueprints at
Brickshelf for the Main Street set I believe that this is what's causing the
visual difference that you are seeing. The "bulge" that you are noticing is
actually a recessed circle in the window. It's only on one side of the glass
and is intended (I assume) to represent a knob or something to open the
window with.
Looking at the piece in MLCad, it's modeled appropriately.

Did this help?
-Daniel Collis