 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1906
Re: Wrong parts listed on Peeron for Model #6390-1 Main Street?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 04:45:58 GMT

I guess the bump on the glass just wasn't showing up in my mlcad views. Once
rendered, however, they were there.

With regards to the sticker on the windows, do you happen to have a count of
the exact # of lines (or even better, a pointer to a scan of the sticker
itself or on of your glass panes w/ the sticker applied? There are some
pictures in the manual, but I'd be a lot more comfortable replicating the
sticker if I saw a real rendition of one.

Thanks again for your help,
Karl

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Collis" <cptrodent@aol.com>
To: <lugnet.cad.dat.models@lugnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: Wrong parts listed on Peeron for Model #6390-1 Main Street?

Anyone with the actual set is welcome to confirm/deny my statements here.

I have the Paramedic Unit set #6364 which is from the same year (or just
before/after the Main Street set.) It uses 3 of the windows #3855, which
Peeron lists correctly. It also comes with a sheet of stickers which • include
2 left to right oriented blinds stickers. Looking at the blueprints at
Brickshelf for the Main Street set I believe that this is what's causing • the
visual difference that you are seeing. The "bulge" that you are noticing • is
actually a recessed circle in the window. It's only on one side of the • glass
and is intended (I assume) to represent a knob or something to open the
window with.
Looking at the piece in MLCad, it's modeled appropriately.

Did this help?
-Daniel Collis