 CAD / 9598
Re: A call to membership!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:23:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky writes:
Let it be known that membership on the LDraw Standard committe is now open.
All those who wish to apply reply.  So far we have 3 applicants:

Orion Pobursky
Kevin Clague
Larry Pieniazek

and one possible applicant

Steve Bliss

We're basically looking for about 1 to 3 more members.

-Orion

If the ToR for this committee will include Part Naming standards, as well as
LDraw language standards, then I believe either Steve Bliss or I needs to be
included.

Geography may play a part here, depending on how real-time you intend the
discussions to be, as I'm usually in the UK, and everyone else seems to be
in the US. Personally, I think more progress is made in real-time verbal
mode than in sequential newsgroup mode. Real-time chat-room mode might be a
good compromise, but newsgroup mode could be more productive with good
moderation to curtail dead-end topics, and keep the focus narrow.

So, I guess I'm volunteering if Steve cannot or does not join and the
timezone issues can be resolved.

Chris