 CAD / 9249
Re: Lego Logo Variants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:49:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Clark Stephens writes:
Flags are listed on my Visual Flag Helper page:
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/FlagHelper.html
includes old open O logo on red square and red oval, and the new yellow
border logo. The logo flags are at the bottom of the page. Click on an image
to see a pop-up window with a larger image.

Hey, that rocks!  Those pics are nice and big.  I will not be doing the
old-style logo.  That is a totally different font and I'm not going to
rework the whole thing.  Not at the present, anyway.  And I didn't realize
that the yellow border was ever used without the surrounding red square.
That's another new pattern.  Argh!

Printed parts are listed on my Named Beams pages:
including, I believe, the closed O new logo you are looking for.

Ah, I see that I'm using the term "closed" incorrectly, or at least
differently than you.  I was calling it "closed" when the black border
around the inside of the "O" was so thick that it filled up the center.  But
I think you are calling the modern logo closed because there isn't an
"overlapping" end section in the top corner of the "O".  I'm just calling
that the old logo font (before what... 1975 at least?)  That's the logo on
the existing "Lego" printed brick in the ldraw library (part 3004p50.dat),
and I don't plan on redoing it.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com