 CAD / 9247
Re: I need a list of parts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:39:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp writes:
In lugnet.cad, Tony Hafner writes:
...that have the Lego logo.  I'm working on a set of ldraw files for the new
Lego logo, and I need some help to get these all right.

I have the Learjet 455 (455_1 on Lugnet guide) with the Lego Logo in a
red square printed (not stickers) on the tail. I'll have to look at home
what version the logo is.

Excellent- and could you please measure the size of the logo in LDU?  And
give me some info to help position it?  Either that, or you can do the part
yourself after I release the logo subparts.

The storage box also has a lego logo on it. Only black printed (no other
colors). I'll have to try to put the storagebox on my scanner to make a
picture of the logo for you at home.

Don't worry about the scan- I'm not completely redoing the logo for each
part.  I'm doing four logo subparts (the four I mentioned in the original
post- open and closed versions and both boxed and unboxed).  It sounds like
you need:
  open "O", no box
But it sounds like you can't use my base parts because they are all designed
for a white center and black outline.  I'll make you a special version with
a black outline only and main-color for the letters.  But I'm not going to
tackle the geometry all over again.

I have not designed the logos in scale with the host part because they
really are intended for reuse with a bunch of different parts.  So I picked
a convenient size instead.  The unboxed logo fills a space 100 ldu wide by
40 ldu high.  It lies in the xz plane, with the origin in the center.  The
boxed logo will fill a 100 ldu by 100 ldu square, also in the xz plane.

Note that I'm heavily using a new primitive that I posted here a few weeks
ago.  The version I posted here has inline POV-Ray code, and looks great
even in really big renders.  But I expect it won't make it through the
tracker in that state.  So I'll be submitting the non-POV'd version to the
tracker.  Once it gets certified, I can hassle Lars about including it in
the next L3P.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com