 CAD / 9232
9231  |  9233
Subject:
List of LEGO Logo Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:16:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tony Hafner writes:
...that have the Lego logo.  I'm working on a set of ldraw files for the new
Lego logo, and I need some help to get these all right.

There are a number of parts out there that have "LEGO" printed on them.  As
far as I know, the only ones being printed these days have a red box around
the logo.  But they were also made many years ago with the word "LEGO"
looking pretty much the same as today, though without the red box.  All
these parts, and the ldraw library only has a 1x2 brick with the *really
old* style "lego" text.  That used a different font entirely, and the part
is done with bmp2dat.

If you have any parts with the current logo, or with the slightly older
version that uses the same font but without the red box, please answer the
following:

What is the base part?
Which logo version does it have?
If it is a red-boxed logo, how big is the square?

For logo versions, please use these codes:
B/N: Box or No box:
    This is the red box around the word Lego.
C/O: Closed or Open "O"
    If the center of the "O" is all black, please use "C" (Closed).
    If the center has a hole, use "O" (Open).  Open typically also
    means that the space between the "L" and the "E" is also open.

For example, I have sitting in front of me:
1x2 brick, NO
1x2 brick, BC
Duplo 2x2 brick, BC
Primo 1x2 brick, BO

I know there are also:
2x4 brick (BO? BC?)
1x2 tile (BO? BC?)
Minifig torso with logo on back (BC)

http://www.bricklink.com/P/1/3596pb03.gif I have this part in front of me.
It has a red sqaure W=32, H=30, including the ~0.5 LDU black frame. The logo
begins at 8 LDU from beginnig of pattern area and appears on both sides.
Unlike the many national flags, this flag has the logo printed (not stickers).
http://www.bricklink.com/P/1/3596pb02.gif I don't own this one yet. :o(
(There must be some bigger pictures somewhere)
I think that there is a LEGO logo on one of the older, curved flags also(?)

/Tore