 CAD / 9175
    LDraw in the Classroom? —Tim Courtney
   Hi - Is anyone here a teacher, and if so, do you use the LDraw tools (MLCAD, etc included) in the classroom? What has your experience been? I'm putting togehter something for BricksWest, and would like to know how you use the software in class, and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

        Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Jaco van der Molen
     LEGO (Dacta) is used at the school I work, but I do not know if teachers use LDraw. I will ask. Some collegues saw me working with it on my computer during my break and got interested in it and downloaded the stuff for their kids (and them self no (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

        Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Miguel Agullo
     (...) Hi Tim, Please note that the Syngress Powertools book is indeed designed in a way that can be used in a classroom. Our contention (the author's) is that Lego CAD greatly eases the initial steps in the learning curve of CAD and other 3d (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

         Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Tim Courtney
     Hi Miguel - Thanks for your observations, I appreciate it. I will take them into account. -Tim (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

         Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Gustavo Patow
     Hi: I'm VERY sorry to disturb you with this, but last week I tried to reconfigure my mail client and, as usual, I lost all my mails of that week. Those include the mails with respect to this topic, and would like to answer them! Please, I would (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

        Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Gustavo Patow
     Hi: My name is Gustavo Patow and I'm an university proffessor at the University of girona, Sapin, that uses LDraw tools at the classroom. Not only I'm able to define final undergraduate projects like LeoCAM, recently released, but I've also spread (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

         Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Tim Courtney
     Hi Gustavo - Wow this sounds very interesting! I'd certainly like to see more of this. I'll send you an email with further inquiries. -Tim (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

        Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Steven Combs
   (...) As an Associate Professor within our Technology Division, I have found LEGO/ MLCAD to be a wonderful tool when introducing new students to mechanical systems, CAD, and problem solving. I teach a course in Collaborative Team Skills. In this (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

        Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Tim Courtney
   (...) Hi Steven - This sounds great! I checked out your project pages, and watched the videos from the one competition - with the robot that climbed the box. Looks like you're doing some great stuff! I myself am not very into robotics, as it is not (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

        Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Steven Combs
     (...) the (...) Can you be just a little more specific so as to guide me toward the content you are looking for? Can you provide a sample observation? (...) Again, my observations will only be with adult learning and adult learning styles. Will that (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

         Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Tim Courtney
     (...) I'm thinking on the learning curve. The tools are pretty complex to understand their relationship with each other. Also, it's challenging to learn the names of the parts. How do non-LEGO students adjust to learning parts names? How do they (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

        Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Tonya Witherspoon
   Hi Tim, I teach robotics in the classroom in the college of education at Wichita State University. I think LDraw tools are very good for kids to use and also a great tool for teachers to create instructions for their students. My 12 year old son, (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)

        Re: LDraw in the Classroom? —Tim Courtney
   Hi Tonya - Thanks for the reply! I'm interested in learning more about your programs. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pay much attention right now. Later this year I will be exploring LDraw in the classroom in greater depth. I've gotten some (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.edu)