 CAD / 5197
Re: Guide to installing and using LDGLite on Linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:22:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Don:

[ http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/Byggevejledninger/Linux/ ]

Actually wget is NOT a good idea.

Could you make a "LDGLite source download" page with only the
essential link then?

Not right now.  HTML is not my strong point.  Just look at my lame
excuse for a web page.  Plus this would make mirroring the site twice
as much work for me.  However, I finally got motivated to figure out
a way to update the main site at ldglite.sourceforge.net and wget to
there should be OK.  (It turns out that although I still can't SCP
files into the sourceforge site, I can login through SSH and use ftp
from there to grab the files from my machine.)

You could get space on the ldraw.org server.

How would that work?  I did recently email ldglite 0.7.2 and some
HTML to Tim Courtney, but haven't heard back yet.

By the way, I love the documentation.  I don't really enjoy doing it myself.
You must've noticed my link to the superior offsite MAC installations from
the ldglite page.  Perhaps I could include a link to your documentation
for linux?  And for what it's worth I use ldglite on Mandrake 7.0 but I
haven't yet tried to follow your installation instructions.

Don