 CAD / 5263
Re: Guide to installing and using LDGLite on Linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:01:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Leonardo:
- On my RH 6.1 system, wget is not installed (maybe a link to the wget
   page would be good).

Wierd. - Well, now that I think of it, my new machine didn't
come with wget either.

- You don't need to download the MesaDemos package.

Ok. I just remember to have had problems compiling Mesa without the
MesaDemos package.

I will give it a try - if I can find another machine without Mesa.

I just tried a fresh install on Mandrake 7.1.  I'm fairly certain that
you need MesaDemos because that includes GLUT which is required by ldglite.
So I would leave that in the procedure.

I had one problem installing on Mandrake.  The "make install" for mesa put
the libs in /usr/local/lib.  I had to add a line for /usr/local/lib to my
/etc/ld.so.conf file and then run ldconfig before it would work.

Don