 CAD / 4674
Re: *** LDView v0.9 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 05:02:24 GMT

"Terry K" <legoverse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:G1H3qH.Kst@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs writes:
You can now download LDView v0.9 (both source and binaries) from:

http://home.san.rr.com/tcobbs/LDView/
OR
http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~tcobbs/LDView/

Looking better each time Travis.  I love this program.

Couple of feature requests:
1. Have it accept model files when launching. You know, pass the filename • to
the program as it starts.  This would make for an excellent viewer when • added
to the right-click menu in explorer.  And it could also be setup as a • viewer
for use with the lugnet .dat groups.

Thanks for the comments.  This should already work.  I added command line
filename support in version 0.7.  I haven't created an Explorer extension,
and probably won't, but you can definitely drop a dat file onto the LDView
icon (assuming it handy, say on your desktop) and it will open the file.
You can also stick LDView in your SendTo folder, or add a new action to the
DAT filetype to open the DAT file in LDView, using just the filename as an
argument.  I just checked both of these, and they both work.  If they don't
work for you, let me know.

2. Have the program start maximized, rather than that tiny little window. • It
is annoying to have to always maximize the window.  Setting the properties • to
do so in a shortcut is a workaround, but it would be much better if the
program did it by default. Especially important if you implement #1 above.
Or at least have the program remember it's last window state and restart • the
same way.  Starting in a small window is one of the major annoyances of
another otherwise excellent viewer, L3Lab.

Hmmm... That's actually a bug.  It used to do exactly what you are
requesting in the second half of the paragraph, but it obviously doesn't
anymore.  It currently remembers the non-maximized window size, and it used
to actually keep track of whether or not it had been maximized.  That broke
at some point, probably when I changed everything around to add fullscreen
support.  You are supposed to be able to do the following:
1. Resize the window to size A.
2. Maximize the window.
3. Exit.
4. Start up again, it should be maximized.
5. Restore the window, it should go back to size A.
I'll have to fix it.  Thanks for the heads-up.  This should be fixed in the
next release (probably 1.0).

In the meantime, you should be able to manually resize the window to fill
the screen (or at least most of the screen).  Then, each time you start it
will be that size.  Since you always just maximize, and never actually
resize, it is remembering "that tiny little" size as the desired size.
Since the app default is 640x480, you probably resized it smaller at some
point (unless you consider 640x480 tiny; I consider it small, but not
exactly tiny).

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)