 CAD / 3943
Re: New Part: 30248 Helicopter skids (WAS) Re: Looking for parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:27:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chris Alano wrote:

Here's the skids as promised.
What catagory should this go into?  Is it a brick, a bracket, or a plate?
Possibly vehicle(car) base?  Should its size (6x12x1&1/3)be somewhere in the
description?

How about the 'Plane' category?  The existing categories for
vehicle-related pieces are Boat, Car, Plane and Train.  Out of those, Plane
seems like the best bet to me.  Although the skids wouldn't actually work
on a plane (at least not more than once).

Including the size would be a good idea.

Maybe:
Plane Landing Skid  6 x 12 x  1 & 1/3

A few suggestions:

1. Rotate the part so the skids are lined up along the front/back axis (the
Z axis).
2. Center the part along the main length.
3. Your file had some line-wrapping.  You might want to repost with your
line-length set wider (or use the web-interface to repost; it supports
uploading DAT files directly).

Steve