 CAD / 3279
  Lego capable CAD software for the Mac ?

After searching lugnet, I'm still not clear on the current state of Lego-style CAD software that runs on a Macintosh. Can someone tell me... Is there a Macintosh compatible program that does something like what LDraw does ? (I thin kI saw something (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego capable CAD software for the Mac ?

(...) I am also interested in CAD for LEGO. You are aware that with MacPerl you can convert old non-MPD files to QuickDraw3D objects and view them in SimpleText.I am in the process of adding Multi File support [original script by Erik Olson (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego capable CAD software for the Mac ?

DaveG: [ LDraw'ing on Mac ] (...) I wasn't aware of that. Can you write an explanation of what to do (I am very uneducated when it comes to Macs), so I can add it to the LDraw FAQ (and get LDraw on my current desktop machine)? (...) Good. (...) I (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego capable CAD software for the Mac ?

(...) If you have Linux installed on your PPC then you should be able to run LeoCAD. (...) I'd like to write a Mac version of LeoCAD but I don't have a Mac. :) Leonardo (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego capable CAD software for the Mac ?

(...) Well, I have a *bit* of experience in Mac software development. How far did you get ? Is the source code for your attempt available ? Ray (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego capable CAD software for the Mac ?

(...) Actually, I'm interested in getting a standard, OO Perl module for LDraw files. I've been working on one which offers levels of abstraction for line (partline, quadline, etc.), part, file, mpdfile, etc. #Mmmm.... use LDraw qq( :file (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego capable CAD software for the Mac ?

(...) Yes first learn Perl <grin> next beat head with pipe wrench until the characters @_ makes sense to you <grin>. Actually it is not that bad, Just add the paths and the filenames into the script where comments say and run it. (see below tho) (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego capable CAD software for the Mac ?

* Leonardo Zide (leonardo@centroin.com.br) [991214 08:20]: (...) I'd like to mention that LeoCAD is (or soon will be) GPL'ed and therefore a great starting point. I have a mac, but it's super old and just for playing with (a 660 PPC). I have no idea (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)