 CAD / 3281
Re: Lego capable CAD software for the Mac ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:28:03 GMT

DaveG:

[ LDraw'ing on Mac ]

You are aware that with MacPerl you can convert old
non-MPD files to QuickDraw3D objects and view them in
SimpleText.

I wasn't aware of that. Can you write an explanation of what
to do (I am very uneducated when it comes to Macs), so I can
add it to the LDraw FAQ (and get LDraw on my current desktop
machine)?

I am in the process of adding Multi File support [original
script by Erik Olson (olsone@interport.net)] and fixing
some of the more obvious errors.

Good.

Any one else interested or willing to put some time into
making Mac versions?

I tried to write a LDraw renderer for Macs, but I simply
don't understand the Mac's filesystem interactions well
enough to get it to work as I intended.

Play well,

Jacob (the Linux guy in the Mac lab)

--  E-mail:               sparre@cats.nbi.dk              --