 CAD / 2690
Re: Datsville Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:11:49 GMT

John wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
John wrote:

From Bram's pov file:
#declare r_w=2800;     // width of river heightfield
#declare r_b=80;       // height of river bank
#declare r_d=240;       // depth of river

Yeouch!  Are those LDU's?  The river's over 4 baseplates wide!  Must be the
Mississippi.  Maybe I'll have to rethink this as a suspension bridge.

Hmm.  I may have to mess with that a bit.  I want to go with something more
like 30 studs across.

How about 32 studs, bank-to-bank?

Have you seen the new bridge they're building in London?  It was in a recent
edition of Popular Science.  The deck of the bridge curves out over the water,
and the support structure has the same curve, but vertically.  When the bridge
opens, the whole thing rotates so that both deck and support are 45 degrees
compared to the water.

I had not seen that.  Sounds awesome.

Steve