 CAD / 2657
Re: Datsville Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 02:16:15 GMT

On 09/08/1999, at 8:47 PM, John VanZwieten wrote:

In lugnet.cad, Ryan Dennett writes:
Truly impressive, John.
One BIG suggestion.
One thing that would keep load time down, would be to just do
thumbnails of the older pictures, and have a page for old pictures.

That's in the works, as well as the image maps.  For you does the first
picture download first, then subsequent?  Or all at once?  For me, • anyway, I
like the old pictures to be loading while I'm scrutinizing the newest
one.

No, they don't all download at the same time, thankfully. I hate pages
that do that. There is that long drawn out waiting process :)

One thing that I don't like the looks of though, is that there is
grass in front of the Fire station's truck bay. It looks a little weird.

A known problem.  I created several sidewalk subfiles to make things go
quicker, but on streets with driveways I'll have to inline them and • manually
alter them.

Yes, I figured as much. Makes it harder(more work) but hopefully
it will be worth it. Then how about we have someplace where we
can physically build the town:) Think of the money involved, think
of the time involved, think of the PIECES   8-0  (that's the utterly
amazed face, like it)

The background is truly impressive.

Who's going to design a bridge over the river?

If anyone does make one, can we name the river 'the Kwai'?? :)

Keep up the good work John.

Will do :-)  It's great to see all the interest this has generated.
lugnet.cad has been pretty dead for a while, but for the last week we've
pretty much dominated LUGNET.
-John Van

It has even gotten some people interested in Ldraw, which is great.
The more the better. Are you saying that dominating LUGNET is
bad thing??

Ryan