 CAD / 17661
Re: Primitives and long file names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:58:42 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Sidestep the issue.  Extend the LDraw language by defining new line-types for
curves, discs, spheres, cylinders, rings, cones and torii!  :)

Sorry, I'll go back to deep lurking mode now.

Steve

Hey,

I really like the idea of new line types and I made a little experiment.
Not for curves, discs, spheres, cylinders, rings, cones and torii, but for
gradient brushes.

LDraw lives in a (linear) text based vector world. And when I zoom in, I
would like to see NO Pixels :-).

<Minefield>

I expanded the linetypes 2 3 and 4 so that you can define a color for
each point.

For linetype 2:
2 c x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 c2

For linetype 3:
3 c x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 x3 y3 z3 c2 c3

For linetype 4:
4 c x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 x3 y3 z3 x4 y4 z4 c2 c3 c4

MLCad and LDView do not grumble; they ignore the additional data. I did not
test any further tools by now.

I have uploaded a quick hacked viewer to play around with. It only supports
linetype 2, 3 and 4 (ignores the rest). It works with OpenGL (OpenTK) and has
no exception handling! It knows the ldraw-colors 0 to 16 and can handle the
solid colors generated by MLCad.

http://digital-bricks.de/en/tmp/opentk_test.htm

Since this is only for experimenting the link may disappear in a few month.
I hope this works.

Woking Keys:
+: zooms in
-: zooms out
a: rotate left
d: rotate right
F5: reloads the file

</Minefield>

I just want to share the results of my experiment.

Thanks Rolf