 CAD / 17630
Re: Primitives and long file names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2011 21:31:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Now that long file names are allowed in LDraw and on Parts Tracker, what should
we do with primitives for which name systematics gives filenames length > 8
characters?

Thoughts?

Sidestep the issue.  Extend the LDraw language by defining new line-types for
curves, discs, spheres, cylinders, rings, cones and torii!  :)

Sorry, I'll go back to deep lurking mode now.

Steve

Yes, maybe it's time to consider a total makeover of the LDraw language. If you
do so, then don't forget to add support for pattern picture files too.

/Tore