 CAD / 16895
Re: Problem when rendering custom colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2010 21:34:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Eric Albrecht wrote:

It looks to me like a texture issue rather than the color itself.  I would
recommend adding your color directly to the lg`_color.inc file. Copy the
definition for the existing blue and change nothing but the RGB color values
for the pigment.

You didn't post the submodel s\RenderTor.dat so I couldn't completely
duplicate your model, but here is a picture showing a regular blue minifig
and another using your Royal Blue following the process I just described.

I tried to add my custom colors to the lg_color.inc file.
It works now

This is how my lg_color.inc looks:
// 0
#declare lg_black = texture {
pigment { rgb <33/255, 33/255, 33/255> }
finish { lg_solid_finish }
}

// 1
#declare lg_blue = texture {
pigment { rgb <0/255, 51/255, 178/255> }
finish { lg_solid_finish }
}

// 2
#declare lg_green = texture {
pigment { rgb <0/255, 140/255, 20/255> }
finish { lg_solid_finish }
}

// 3
#declare lg_teal = texture {
pigment { rgb <0/255, 153/255, 159/255> }
finish { lg_solid_finish }
}

Its different from yours, I guess there are different ways to declare colors.
However, my personal colors now render without those nasty reflections on it.

Thank you for your help. I think I will post some of my work in the .space group
today or tomorrow.