 CAD / 15795
Re: Using Unofficial parts in seperate folder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 18:28:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Dave Schuler wrote:
I would suggest that the "official" elements should have "official" in their
descriptions, instead.  "Unofficial" elements can come from any of a zillion
sources impossible to oversee, but the "official" elements come from a single,
tightly-controlled source.

Practically speaking, it's easier to control something over which you have full
control than over something over which you have none!

Dave!

I see your point. However, in this case (AFAIK) he is using unofficial parts
that have been uploaded to ldraw.org. These files are just as much under our
"control" as the official parts. Further, if the model in question does not
correspond to an actual Lego piece, then there's no basis for the confusion.

-Mike