 CAD / 15789
15788  |  15790
Subject:
Using Unofficial parts in seperate folder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 12:38:17 GMT

Hi all,

Recently I started working with the unofficial part files in a folder
"Unofficial" in the folder of LDraw.

I added this folder to the MLCad.ini file in the section [SCAN ORDER].

Next I deleted the parts.lst file and let MLCad create a new parts list for me.

There are now some double parts in the list shown by MLCad that have a different
official/unofficial number. For instance the Cone 1 x 1: it has partnumber 4589
in the official and 6188 in the unofficial release. Both are in the list on
screen.

However, 6188 is not in the parts.lst file MLCad created.

Question: how does MLCad know this part?

The reason I am asking is that I cannot tell which cone is official or
unofficial. By mistake I used the new and old version in the same model file.
Other programs (like LPub) are not aware of the unofficial folder and can thus
not find the parts. This results in the part not showing in the PLI and model.

Can you make LPub (and other tools) aware of the unofficial parts without moving
them to the official parts folder and adding them to parts.lst?

Jaco