 CAD / 15500
Re: LDDP 2.0 questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 07:45:58 GMT

Orion Pobursky wrote:

- Search paths
I've added the ability to add custom search paths but currently the
LDraw Base paths and the model's directory will always come first in
search precedence.  Is this undesirable?

What's the 'normal' behaviour of renderers? If a majority uses a fixed
search order, then it's OK for LDDP too, otherwise I'd advocate flexibility.
Maybe a 'Restore default search path' function somewhere in that case?

- Program loading
Willy has suggested that the initial blank document that appears when
LDDP opens should contain the default LDraw part header.

The simplest solution is to always load a template file on 'New' (if it
exists) and let the user put whatever he wants in that file. You don't need
any extra settings for this approach, and everyone can get exactly what they
want. For super flexibility, you might add a command line switch to tell
which template to use.

-Model Tree View
Was the old functionality of use?

I have not used it, but OTOH I have not used LDDP that much, either - I'm
more into drawing small trains for the moment:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29971  :-)

Side question: I have not followed the LDDP development for quite a while,
is the plugin API untouched? Any extensions? Does my SyncEdit still work? Is
anyone using it?

Plugin:      http://web.telia.com/~u16122953/synceditdll.zip
Stand-alone: http://web.telia.com/~u16122953/synceditsa.zip

--