 CAD / 15505
Re: LDDP 2.0 questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:49:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
- Program loading
Willy has suggested that the initial blank document that appears when LDDP opens
should contain the default LDraw part header.  I feel differently since the
header is easily added and LDDP is not just a part editor.  Since there's a
difference of opinion, I ask the other LDDP users what they think.

My first choice would be a blank screen with no opened tab at all. If this is
not doable I'd go for the header version. Forces me to investigate on the name
and number ;-)

Whether or not LDDP starts with a blank document or no document, the question
would still be pertinent when a new document is created.  I mainly use LDDP
(1.x) for testing LDView, so I certainly wouldn't want a part header at the top
of any new document created by LDDP.  Having said that, I can see where a lot of
users might, so perhaps a check box in the options.  (Even better would be a
choice between blank and a user-specified template document, with the standard
part header shipped as a the default template.)

--Travis