 CAD / 15084
  Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

Hi folks, I'm currently working on the "Canvas Wagon Cover with Oval and Two Crossed Cutlasses Pattern" (URL) and before I start cleaning the part for PT-fitness I'd like to ask the LSC for some guidelines, since this is the first canvas part ever (...) (16 years ago, 17-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

(...) I think as follow: As the "Canvas" is only useful in the fold version like the design of the part, it should not be modifyable like stickers (colors). Also we do not need an unfold version (mostly useless). Unpatterned versions are only (...) (16 years ago, 17-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

(...) Nice. (...) Doesn't part 522 (URL) the first official part from this family? Should it stand as an example for future such parts, or does it need to be revised after the LSC adopts some guidelines? (16 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

(...) Actually, I think it should use color 16 and 24 for the canvas portion. LDraw is partially about allowing people to build computer models of real world creations, but it's also definitely about allowing them to build computer models that will (...) (16 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

So...I'm working on the two tepee covers (this is gonna take a while... :-) and: - 'Cloth' (Peeron) or 'Canvas' (Bricklink) ? - thickness: 1LDU looks too thick to me. Have we settled on this, or is it still up for grabs? I'm trying 0.5LDU right now, (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

(...) A note on the thickness. If the part is BFC'd, then in theory there is no minimum thickness that is required to prevent rendering artifacts. In reality, you'll get artifacts on renderers that don't have BFC support if you go too thin. If (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

(...) Yeah, MLCad has rendering problems at 0.5LDU. Oddly, it seems to be able to cope with a 0.25LDU thick sticker. Alex (16 years ago, 7-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Library Specifications for Canvas Parts

(...) Canvas - (URL) - thickness: 1LDU looks too thick to me. Have we settled on this, or is it (...) I measured the Wagon Cover with a caliper rule (as I always do) and 0.4 mm seamed to me much more appropriate than 0.2 mm. (...) IMHO a flat (...) (16 years ago, 8-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)