 CAD / 14679
  Counting Parts in MPD file

I just saw the thread "MPD to LDR converter?" ((URL) and thought about what Joel Hoornbeek wrote. If I have an MPD File with many of submodels that are used in the main model, I only have to 1) export that main model 2) open that new file with MLCad (...) (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) Or, you could load the MPD into LDView 3.2 Beta 1 and generate a parts list. (Of course, as the author of LDView, I wouldn't be biased at all. ;-) --Travis (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) Or just select Piece Count from Bricksmith's Tools menu. :-) Jim (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) It does indeed! As long as it really does.... ;) I hope the MLCAD's author (if he reads this) will take this as possible suggestions for improvements, not criticism. After all, it is a wonderful tool and I am immensely grateful for it! The (...) (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) Or load it in Brickstore, where you can also check the current price of all the parts on Bricklink ;) ROSCO (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

--snip-- (...) Or do an MPD part check on Peeron ;) (17 years ago, 10-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) Thanks for the suggestions. Both suggestions seem reasonable (for 3.3, probably; definitely not for 3.2). I had actually planned to support multiple output formats in the future, but wasn't sure what they should be. csv is certainly one of the (...) (17 years ago, 10-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) Yes, maybe even better/safer due to possible (if possible at all) commas in part names. (...) Hm, how about the (URL) BrickLink's wanted list format>? I guess that one might be very useful. (...) Haha, sorry for that :) I currently work more (...) (17 years ago, 10-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) Except that in Sweden (other places too, maybe) it's 'skv' - semi-colon separated values with decimal comma. Excel on a Swedish computer should in theory be able to import csv, but one often gets interesting surprises (Decimal points makes it (...) (17 years ago, 10-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) As far as I know, entries in a csv can be quoted. I just have to figure out how, and quote if I run across a comma in the data. (...) Thanks. That one could be useful. It's not an exact match. For example, I'd have to use MINQTY for the (...) (17 years ago, 10-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) Brickstore can already export wanted list and inventory XML files ready for importing into Bricklink, it does the conversion between Ldraw and Bricklink colour codes when you import the Ldraw file. It will even open your browser to the import (...) (17 years ago, 10-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) There is the Bricklink inventory format and the one used by BrickStore. Both seem to do what you want. (17 years ago, 13-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Counting Parts in MPD file

(...) Or create a Bill of Materials using LPub! (17 years ago, 13-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)