 CAD / 14686
Re: Counting Parts in MPD file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:34:22 GMT

On 2007-08-10, Travis Cobbs tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. Both suggestions seem reasonable (for 3.3, probably; definitely not for 3.2). I had actually planned to support multiple output formats in the future, but wasn’t sure what they should be. csv is certainly one of the easiest. A tab-separated text file might also be good.

Yes, maybe even better/safer due to possible (if possible at all) commas in part names.

   I’ve considered XML, but I’m not sure about the specifics. If anyone knows about a schema that would be a good match for a parts list, I’m open to suggestions.

Hm, how about the BrickLink’s wanted list format? I guess that one might be very useful.

   Side note: it’s csv (comma separated values), not cvs (Concurrent Versions System).

Haha, sorry for that :) I currently work more with cvs and it just slipped out (too many times).

Cheers, Matija