 CAD / 14690
Re: Counting Parts in MPD file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 23:24:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Matija Puzar wrote:

Hm, how about the BrickLink’s wanted list format? I guess that one might be very useful.

Thanks. That one could be useful. It’s not an exact match. For example, I’d have to use MINQTY for the quantity. Also, it looks like they don’t use LDraw colors, and it’s hard to tell if their part numbers are guaranteed to be a match for the LDraw ones. So it might take a lot of work to make this work well. (I’d presumably just have a mapping XML file that mapped the LDraw stuff to the BrickLink stuff, and let someone else keep that up to date.)

Brickstore can already export wanted list and inventory XML files ready for importing into Bricklink, it does the conversion between Ldraw and Bricklink colour codes when you import the Ldraw file. It will even open your browser to the import page if you supply your Bricklink user ID and password.

ROSCO