 CAD / 14685
Re: Counting Parts in MPD file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 04:56:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Matija Puzar wrote:
   When it comes to LDView, since we have a clearly not biased *cough* author here, I have two suggestions there as well (thanks for the export-function!). You are, of course, free to ignore them at will :) 1. Would it be possible to choose the sorting order? For example, sorting first by color, then by part name... 2. Would it be a problem to make a cvs-export as well? It helps when parts are imported into Excel (or any other program) since they can then easily be sorted, arranged, resorted, rearranged, deleted... :)

Thanks for the suggestions. Both suggestions seem reasonable (for 3.3, probably; definitely not for 3.2). I had actually planned to support multiple output formats in the future, but wasn’t sure what they should be. csv is certainly one of the easiest. A tab-separated text file might also be good. I’ve considered XML, but I’m not sure about the specifics. If anyone knows about a schema that would be a good match for a parts list, I’m open to suggestions.

Side note: it’s csv (comma separated values), not cvs (Concurrent Versions System).

--Travis