 CAD / 14227
Re: Any Interest in a Program for Creating/Editing Parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:49:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Chris Phillips wrote:

Unfortunately, <http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/dat/ldsshell.zip LDS
Shell> is another one of those broken links.  The script compiler
looks almost exactly like what I had in mind, though.

LDSSHELL (which I wrote) is only a visual shell, with a rudimentary LDRAW
viewer, to the LDS program by Tore Eriksson which is the scripting engine
(still maintained). Both can be found from his pages:
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDraw/lds/lds.htm

Direct links:
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDraw/lds/lds061.zip
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDraw/lds/ldsshell.zip

Don't miss the LDS syntax page:
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDraw/lds/ldssyntx.htm

IMO, the LDS generator should preferrably be turned into a LDDP addon/in -
this would be the best place for it.

Thanks for the updated links!  The page listed in the earlier post appears to be
out of date.  (It has version 031 of LDS, and a broken link to your page.)

It seems that there is a lot of great software already out there, which is not
surprising.  But the links from ldraw.org and LUGNET have not kept pace.  I'll
try to compile a list of broken/updated links, but I'm clearly not the best one
on this list at finding the latest pages.