 CAD / 14225
Re: Any Interest in a Program for Creating/Editing Parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:11:30 GMT

I have a plugin for SketchUp that can create LDraw parts. It can use LDraw primitives and sub-parts, scale, move, and rotate them, and export a .dat file.

Here’s a page with some models I have imported: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?tags=ldraw

Here’s the page for the plugin, with some (incomplete) documentation http://jim.foltz.googlepages.com/su2ldraw

The basic workflow is: * Import primitive or part. * Move, rotate and scale the primitive/part * Repeat. * Export .dat file.

If you are not familiar with SketchUp, there is a learning curve. If you become comfortable using SketchUp, you can create parts fairly quickly.

I do read this list and am glad to assist is any way I can.